4 teaspoons agar powder
3 teaspoons sugar
2 cups of water
1 The Qi Rose
Brown sugar syrup or maple syrup
Round tray or mold
- In a small bowl, combine the agar and sugar.
- Pour the water into a small pan, then add the agar mixture and stir.
- Cook over high heat until the water is boiling. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Move the pan to the ice bath, and chill for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Steep Rose in hot water for 3 mins. Gently pick up the Rose with a bamboo tong.
- In round tray, place the Rose in the bottom and pour the agar-sugar mixture over it. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Move the pan to the ice bath and chill for 2 minutes.
- Remove Rose Jelly from the tray, and pour the brown sugar syrup over it.