Hot Rose Cacao
I've been wanting to make a hot Rose Cacao recipe for a loooooonngggg time because it smells and tastes absolutely divine and why not! So when I finally got my hands on some Morogoro Cacao Powder from Burlap and Barrel I had to make this happen.
I thought about a couple of different ways of creating this recipe. If I have time in the coming weeks I might experiment even more to see how the flavors might change with each method. For example, I might blend cacao powder & mylk/milk together first, then add the Rose tea and boil the whole thing on stove top for about 5 minutes. Then mix in the honey after and see how that looks and tastes. I even also experiment with the different kinds of milk vs mylk and see how that changes the flavors. BUT below is a tried and true recipe that I'm happy to say it is quite delicious. Also very easy and less time consuming. I hope you try it and love it too... I mean it's basically decadent rosy hot chocolate and it's all the YUMS!
- 1 Shangril-la Rose tea
- 2 table spoon of Raw honey
- 2 table spoon of Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of oat mylk (or your milk of choice)
- Boiling hot water
- Pour boiling hot water over 1 Shangril-la Rose tea in a mug or cup to just below half way mark
- Let it steep for 5 mins
- Meanwhile heat up your oat mylk (or your milk of choice) in the microwave to boiling point
- Add Cacao powder and raw honey into the pot of hot mylk/milk
- Use a frother to blend well if you like foam or simply mix well to create sweet Cacao mylk/milk
- Pour the mixture into the mug/cup to combine with Shangril-la Rose tea
- Sip and enjoy the deliciousness