The world of skincare is constantly evolving, and one of the tried and true most holistic way to healthy and radiant skin is through the sips of skin teas. Skin teas are a type of herbal tea made from various botanicals, herbs, and other ingredients that are said to be beneficial for the skin. These teas are gaining popularity in the west as a natural and healthy way to improve the skin’s appearance, reduce inflammation, and provide antioxidants and have been used in the east for thousands of years.
Popular skin teas include chamomile, Rose, Chrysanthemum, Jasmine, ginger, hibiscus and more. Each type of skin tea has its own unique benefits. For example, chamomile is known to reduce inflammation, soothe skin, and promote relaxation. Rose is super high in vitamin C, antibacterial, antiseptic and more. Ginger is known to reduce redness, while hibiscus helps to moisturize the skin. When combined with other ingredients, such as honey or lemon, skin teas can be even more effective.
When choosing a skin tea, it’s important to select one that is organic and made from high-quality whole ingredients. This will ensure that you are getting the most benefit from your tea. Additionally, you should look for teas that are caffeine-free, as caffeine can be dehydrating and can cause skin irritation in some individuals. To use skin teas, simply steep a teaspoon of the desired tea in eight ounces of hot water for five to ten minutes. Then, let the tea cool and strain it. The tea can be drunk as is, or it can be used as a facial steam or a toner. Additionally, the tea can be applied topically to the skin as a mask or a scrub.
Skin teas are a great way to naturally improve the appearance of your skin. By selecting the right tea for your skin type and incorporating it into your skincare routine, you can enjoy all the benefits of these teas without the harsh chemicals of other products.
Here are the seven best teas for healthy and glowing skin:
1. Rose Tea: As mentioned above, Rose tea is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Chamomile: This tea is known to reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. It can also be used as a relaxant.
3. Ginger: Ginger is known to reduce redness and improve circulation.
4. Hibiscus: Hibiscus helps to moisturize the skin and can also be used to lighten dark spots.
5. Chrysanthemum Tea: White tea is rich in antioxidants and can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
6. Jasmine Tea: Jasmine tea is rich in polyphenols which destroys free radicals that cause wrinkles and skin damage. They can also help even out skin pigmentation and reduce fine lines.
7. Dandelion: Dandelion is high in Vitamin A, which can help improve skin tone. Additionally, it can help reduce the appearance of acne.
8. Calendula tea: Known to have anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties and may help improve skin health.
No matter which tea you choose, it’s important to remember that results will vary from person to person. As with any skin care product, it’s important to do your research and select a tea that is best suited to your skin type and needs.
Additionally, it’s important to consult with a dermatologist before incorporating any new product into your skincare routine. By incorporating skin teas into your skincare routine, you can naturally and safely improve the appearance of your skin. With the right tea, you can enjoy all the benefits of these teas without the harsh chemicals of other products. With the right tea, you can achieve healthy and glowing skin.