Manifest Your Dreams with The Law of Attraction
Manifestation has grown widely popular in the past few years from people showing how they have been able to bring their dreams into their reality. Manifestation is based on The Law of Attraction, which, in simple terms, is the ability to bring things into our realities through energetic attraction. Essentially, like attracts like, what you are putting out into the world is what you will receive back from it. But how can this work? And how can we use this to bring our desired lives into fruition?
People have been using this method of manifestation since the beginning of time. The basis of Law of Attraction can be found in many different ancient practices and Eastern teachings dating back hundreds of years. Some believe that the Law of Attraction was first taught by the Buddha because it is an important principle in Buddhism. The term “Law of Attraction” was coined by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in the 19th century, who researched ancient religious traditions and wrote a book about her findings called The Secret Doctrine. This book opened up the path to studying this phenomenon and there were many people who began researching and sharing what they have learned about their ability to manifest through novels and lectures. In the 20th century, Esther and Jerry Hicks were pioneers in promoting these ideas through “Abraham-Hicks teachings''. They gained notoriety through popularizing Law of Attraction in a more personal, self-actualizing way. Lately, Law of Attraction has become hugely popular in self-care and wellness circles, as well as life-coaching and financial circles. People are now using this principle in every aspect of their lives to bring about changes that they desire and promoting others to do the same. This rapid, widespread interest can definitely open up the door for confusion and mistrust, so let’s explore how the Law of Attraction works.
It is totally normal to be skeptical when people tell you that you can achieve your wildest dreams through a process that sounds so simple. Although Law of Attraction is considered a ‘pseudoscience’ by many in the Western world, there is compelling evidence to show how it works on a psychological and quantum physical level.
From a psychological standpoint, Law of Attraction works in a way like confirmation bias or the placebo effect. It follows a very simple cycle:The more you think about something, the more you pay attention to it. The more you pay attention to it, the more you will see it in the world around you. The more you see it in the world around you, the greater your opportunity is to bring it into your life.
Just by adjusting your thoughts to be more positive, rather than negative or neutral, it can have an effect on your overall well-being and help you attract positive things into your life. Some studies have even shown patients that are suffering from chronic illnesses finding relief in their symptoms by just changing their thought patterns. So essentially, the Law of Attraction is just as simple as the power of positive thinking. (1)
The Big Bang theory explains that everything in the universe came from the same source, which means that all of the energy in the universe is connected. Everything we are/see/believe is manifested energy vibrating at different frequencies, but all deriving from the same source. Quantum physics, or the physics of possibility, teaches us that nothing is fixed, that everything is vibrating energy, made up of subatomic particles. Energy is malleable, neutral, and in a state of potential, which means it can be shaped into anything. When energetic vibrations are vibrating on the same wavelength, they are attracted to one another.
A quantum phenomenon discovered through the ‘Double Slit Experiment’, called The Observer Effect, explains that when particles are being observed, they act differently from when they are unobserved. Through this experiment, scientists determined that all energy particles only have probable motions and locations, and therefore, many random possibilities of how they will manifest, which is decided by the energy of the observer. (2)
This fluid energy in our lives is influenced by our thoughts and what we put the majority of our energy into. Everything currently in our lives is a result of matching energy that is vibrating at the same frequency as our energy. This knowledge helps us move from the belief that as humans we are powerless victims to our lives, to the knowing that we are the creators of our own lives and the world we live in. This will hopefully allow us to feel empowered to change what is not working, and remain grateful for what is.
There are countless ways to attract your desires and goals. Because the Law of Attraction is working with your personal energy to attract what you personally desire, it is important that you are using a method of manifestation that resonates with you. We will explore a few methods below that can help you define this practice more clearly in your life, so you can be more intentional with your energy.
6 Methods of Manifestation to Try
One method of manifestation is through sensory visualization. Visualization asks you to sit quietly in a meditative state and picture your desires in your mind’s eye. While visualizing, use each one of your senses to deeply feel what it would feel like to be in possession of that desire. For example, if you are intending to manifest a new car, consider a few questions… What does the car look like? What does the steering wheel feel like on your hands? What does the seat feel like against your body? What does it smell like? What does it sound like when you drive it? How do you feel when you drive it? How does it feel to be the owner of this car? Who are you in the world as someone who owns this car?
Energy is not self-aware of how it is being expressed. Meaning that by thinking about something, bringing energy to it, and feeling what you would if you were in possession of it, the universe now sees it as something that you are in vibrational alignment with, and can bring it into your physical reality.
Scripting is a method of manifestation that is, essentially, writing a script of your life. You can write about a specific moment that you desire to happen, a day in the life of your future, a novel on your whole story from the perspective of a narrator outside of yourself, anything that you want! No matter how you decide to script your life, there are a few things to remember to make it as successful as possible:
- If you are writing in the first-person point of view, the key is to write in the present tense, as if it is happening right now. Do this by using “I am…” or “I feel…” statements.
- Intend to write from a place of fulfillment, rather than a place of lack or need. Feeling the emotions of your dreams coming true is a crucial step in bringing them into fruition.
- Believe in yourself and believe what you are writing as you are writing it.
As you’ve probably gathered by now, our mindset is the key to unlocking our dreams. One way we can begin to shift into a positive mindset is through gratitude journaling and affirmations. The way we do this is by making a list of 100 things that we are grateful for. After writing this list, we reflect upon the amazing things, and also the things in our lives that are not so amazing. Then we come up with some “I am…” statements that help us feel better about our negative situations, and help remind us how much we have to be grateful for. Some examples can be ‘I am brave’, ‘I am safe’, ‘I am kind’, ‘I am creative’, ‘I am the creator of my world’. Repeat these affirmations every morning and night, and any time that you may feel triggered by an emotion. By showing the universe how grateful we are for the positive things in our lives, we are able to attract more.
With the world that we live in, it is not always the easiest task to remain positive and calm at all times. If we are only able to see the bad things happening in our lives, we become trapped in a cycle of recognizing negativity and therefore attracting more into our lives. This is not to say that we have manifested all of the terrible things that have happened in our lives, or even that we have the power to stop them. But we are in control of how we react to situations and can learn tools to better deal with negativity in the future.
We have found that the best way for us to get in the gratitude mindset, is through a ritual with something we love, and at the Qi, that’s flower tea!! A ritual that we like to do is to end everyday by drinking a cup of rose tea and writing a reflective journal entry before bedtime. We have created a 30 Day Rosy Ritual Program for you to participate in this ritual with us. We hope it will be as beneficial to you as it is for us!
Creating a vision board can be a powerful method of manifestation. To create a vision board you can spend the time making a piece of art, or just throw together some things that make you feel good. You can put pictures, quotes, affirmations, articles, and anything that you desire onto the board. The most important part of making a vision board is to look at it every single day. By doing this, the board acts as a constant reminder of your dreams, helping you stay inspired and clear on what it is you want. Studies have shown that people reported about a 75% success rate in manifesting their desires through use of a vision board. Pinterest is a great place to draw some inspiration! (3)
Two Cup MethodThe two cup method is a technique to manifest using the element of water:
- First, grab two cups. Fill one cup with water and label it with your current situation (ex. sad, lonely, hopeless). Then label the empty cup with what you hope to bring into your life to heal those feelings (ex. love, friends, job).
- Now, hold the full cup with your current situation and reflect on that feeling of your current situation. While still holding the same full cup, visualize and feel what it would feel like to have your desires.
- While holding onto that feeling, pour the water from the current situation cup, into the empty, desired situation cup.
- Drink all of the water while still holding on to the feeling. Rip up and dispose of the first label, and hold onto the label with your desires and know that they are on their way!
Another way to practice this method is by involving it into your tea ritual!
- Before pouring the water from the ‘current situation’ cup into the ‘desired situation’ cup, put the water on to boil and imagine all of those things that are holding you back, or things you want to get rid of, evaporating and disappearing, making your water pure and full of your desires.
- Then pour it over your choice of flower tea, hold onto those good feelings, and enjoy!
369 methodThe 369 method derives from the famous inventor Nikola Tesla, who thought that 3, 6, and 9 were the most powerful numbers and the keys to unlocking the universe. These numbers are also significant in numerology, representing connection to source, harmony, and inner rebirth, respectively. (4)
To use this method...
- Get clear on what you are manifesting and come up with a positive affirmation to support it.
- Then, write your affirmation:
- 3 times in the morning when you wake up
- 6 times in the afternoon
- 9 times in the evening before going to sleep
- Do this for as many days as it takes for you to feel like it is truly yours.
A few things to keep in mind while manifesting:
- It only works if you believe that it will, so if you don’t believe that you will wake up with $1 million dollars in your bank account tomorrow, choose something that you could fathom happening. Try manifesting a cup of tea to test your skills and you can grow more as you learn to trust yourself.
- You will get your manifestations, but they may look different than how you expected. Do not let your expectations cloud the gratitude you can feel for having received your desires.
Let It Go
- Once you’ve put in a request for manifestation, the energy is working to bring it to you. Remain excited and gracious for your manifestation, but do not attach to it. Attachment comes from a place of lack, which is not conducive for manifestation.
- In manifestation, we are co-creating with the universe, therefore, you cannot just ask for something and expect it to show up. You must take action in the direction of what you are hoping for, and you will find doors opening up and blessings along the way.
- If this is the way that the world has worked since the Big Bang, it means that every human, including you, works with energy in this way every single day. You intuitively know how to attract your truest desires and how to take care of yourself. Put your focus on remembering what feels familiar to recognize how you have been manifesting in the past. This is something you have done in your life as easily as breathing, allow yourself to accept the simplicity of it.
The Law of Attraction can work as our closest confidant in helping us experience the best parts of life. The process can be as simple or as complicated as you like, as long as it feels right to you. We hope that after reading this, you have a better understanding of your role as a creator and feel more empowered to go after your dreams!
“All that we are is a result of what we have thought” - Buddha
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will read this everyday.
I am very grateful for the inspiration and I wIll use the wisdom judiciously for the the good of all.
Well, this is my first time coming accross this article and I like its inspiration.
My mind is full of lots of negative thought due to that I am finding it difficult to succeed. I strongly believe that lesson learnt from this article will reshape my mind to positive thinking. Thanks for this
Yes, the Law of Attraction “cycle” may seem to be very simple, almost ridiculously simple. Yet, very few people succeed in their practices. Why? Because they typically cannot avoid looking at reality most of the time (which presents them with various problems and challenges that they keep thinking about).
And when they “immerse” themselves in observing such negative aspects of reality, then Law of Attraction will hold them there and make it difficult to escape to more positive emotional territory.
Therefore, one of the most important lessons to learn is to stop observing negative things in one’s reality, and instead turn one’s focus to positive things (whether such positive things are in reality, or just in one’s mind).
Thank you for an interesting article!
Cute blog. Thank you😘
I used to think this was too far out there to buy into, but now I know differently. There is no turning back. The mind does believe what you tell it.
We should all be telling it and seeing it as peace/love for the world, in addition to what we wish/see for ourselves.
When you empower others, you empower yourself. If we wish others ill will. it becomes our own. Raise the vibration, not sink it bc either choice has an effect upon is all.
That is how I see it.