Rose salt or Rose sugar is a staple that is so versatile that truly makes a wonderful pantry item. Use it for any beverages around the rim of the glass, sweets, or culinary dishes. You'll be wondering how you lived without it for so long!
- Petals from 1 The Qi shangri-la Rose
- 1/2 cup fine sea salt OR 1/2 cup cane sugar
- Take the petals off the whole rose and put in a food processor or spice grinder.
- Grind the dried rose petals for about 10 seconds that resemble small flakes. Or you can use your hand/fingers to crumble the petals into small flakes.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt or sugar and rose petals.
- Wait about 1 week to use for optimal flavor.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature - good for about 1 year!