INGREDIENTS3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp water
1 cup raw sesame seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
- Put the sugar, honey, salt and water into a small or medium pot or saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat and stir until a smooth slurry is formed.
- Stir in the raw sesame seeds.
- Cook the sesame seed mixture, stirring often, for about 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture turns to beautiful amber caramel color. The mixture will appear a little dense at first, but the hotter gets, the more fluid it will become. Do not add more water to the mixture.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and the butter. Once the butter has completely melted into the mixture, stir in the baking soda. The baking soda will help create tiny pockets of air, making the brittle a little lighter.
- Pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with lightly sprayed (oiled/greased) piece of tin foil. Or just use Silpat to line the baking sheet.
- Once your brittle has cooled and hardened completely (about 15-20 minutes), break it into pieces.
Recipe from here.