While we slowly move out of winter, we are getting excited for the warm weather, but even more excited for spring/summer drinks! We made this Rosebud Sangria recipe to help you get pumped for warm days too!
Sangria dates back to the ancient times. Some believe the Romans invented it, while others believe it came from Spain, and others say it was birthed in Portugal. It began because the wine that people would drink was not very good so they would add herbs, spices, flowers, and fruits to mask the taste of the wine. Now it is common to add all sorts of fruits and herbs for a tasty infused wine. Sangria is one of the most versatile drinks because you can use any combination of fruits and herbs that you like! For our recipe, we chose these ingredients because they compliment the Rosebuds well, but feel free to use any combinations of fruit and red/white/rose wine that you prefer!
- 1 Bottle of Dry White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Rose Simple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- The Qi Single Origin Rosebuds
- Start by making your Rose Simple Syrup. Click HERE to learn how!
- Wash and cut up your fruit to your liking. (You may want to save some of the fruit to use as a garnish for the drink)
- To your chosen vessel, pour in the brandy and Rose simple syrup.
- Add in your Rosebuds, fruit, and herbs. We used 2 teaspoons of Rosebuds, but feel free to add more or less depending on how ‘rosy’ you want your drink.
- Pour in the wine over the other ingredients.
- Stir until you feel like all ingredients are combined nicely.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to let all of the ingredients fully infuse.
- Once you feel your sangria is done infusing, strain the fruit and flowers out of it.
- Finally, serve and enjoy with people that you love!