Granita is an Italian dessert that is very similar to sorbet, but it is coarser and flakier. It is made with fresh fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, and watermelon. Granita is the perfect refreshing, summertime dessert.Ingredients
2 cups of water
⅔ cup of sugar
⅔ cup of lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring water, sugar, and roses to a boil at medium-low heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and water turns pink from the roses.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the liquid into a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 3-4 hours and stir every hour to break up the ice crystals so the water doesn’t separate from the juice when it is freezing.
- Stir before serving and spoon into dessert dishes or cups.