- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 cup of The Qi Rose petals
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Pomonas fruit pectin**
- Place water and roses in a sauce pan. Bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 ¾ c of sugar into the simmering petals . Stir to dissolve the sugar crystals.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pay attention to the gorgeous vibrant color that emerges.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Mix the remaining ¼ c sugar and pectin in a bowl.
- While stirring the jam add the pectin mixture sprinkle by sprinkle to insure pectin incorporates without clumping.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes. It may seem quite loose for jam, it will firm up as it sets but does remain more of a silky syrup with luscious bits of petals.
- Keeps for 2 months in the fridge, also freezes beautifully and canning is always a brilliant option.
Recipe from here.