What time is it? Summer time! And I hope you are all catching some rays these days with the beautiful weather we've been having. Although... what's some sun without something cool to snack on? I don't know either. So we at The Qi have conjured up a sweet snack that's easy to make and healthy for these summer days at home. Keep reading if you want to learn how to make yummy floral popsicles!
To start, you'll grab your favorite bloom from The Qi, make a hot cup of tea (not required, but our blooms have a maximum of three uses at a time), and save the flower for these edible popsicles!
If you don't want to make some tea, another alternative is starting with a bowl of water by itself. See the ingredients listed below for details.
- 4 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of honey or agave (can be substituted with another natural sweetener of your choice)
- 4 bags of black tea (or your favorite real tea option, like oolong or green tea)
- 1 cup of The Qi tisane blooms in any variety (and if you don't have enough for one cup, you can always find some more edible flowers at your local grocer or even in your garden!)
- Popsicle sticks
- Wash and remove stems from any of your extra flowers.
- Using a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Once hot, remove from burner and mix in both honey (or sweetener) and your tea bags.
- Let this steep for about 5-10 minutes.
- Divide and pre-line your popsicle molds with your flowers, but be wary if you're leaving enough room for the actual popsicle ingredients.
- Fill your molds and disperse flowers as needed.
- Add your popsicle sticks.
- Let this concoction sit for about 10 hours or overnight if possible, and in the morning you'll have a nice quarantine snack that won't make you feel guilty afterwards!
Let us know if you try out our recipe out in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!
* All images credited to rightful owners.